The information contained in the survey is based on 34 questions that are organized into three phases of establishing a PMO:
- Phase One: Obtain Approval For The PMO (13 questions).
- Phase Two: Assess The Current Situation (19 questions).
- Phase Three: Document The PMO Design (2 questions).
The survey responses have been compiled into a summary report organized into five categories, with a number of topics in each category being cross-referenced to the 34 questions.
General Information (8 topics)
Concept Approval (12 topics).
- PM Knowledge (5 topics).
- PM Capability, Commitment and Training (9 topics).
Staff Salaries (2 topics).
The following is a breakdown of the categories and topics that comprise the PMO Case Studies Summary Report:
1. General Information
3. PM Knowledge
- PMO Champion (Q#10)
- Immediate Process Needs (Q#14)
- Organizational PM Knowledge (Q#16)
- PM Selection Criteria (Q#17)
- Corp. PM Policies (Q#18)
4. PM Capability, Commitment and Training
- PM Process Capability (Q#19)
- Commitment to PM (Q#20)
- PM Training Capability (Q#21)
- Commitment to PM Training (Q#22)
- PM Job Descriptions (Q#25)
- PM Technical Infrastructure (Q#27)
- Information Technical Infrastructure (Q#28)
- Process Audit (Q#29)
- Documented PM Processes (Q#31)
5. Staff Salaries
- Software Tools Used (Q#30)
- Staffing Salaries (Q334)
1) Function Title
2) Low Level
3) High Level